Monday, July 27, 2009

Get Ready, Get Set, Go

My meeting with Dr. Slott and Advanced Medical Weight Management Center staff went very well today! I am so excited to start the program tomorrow but am a little apprehensive about my ability to exsist for the next two weeks on protein shakes, vegetables and 7 oz of meat per day. Of course, I can do it. I'm just so used to eating anything I want, which, as we all know, has gotten me to where I am. After 2 weeks, I will get to add some things-not sure what yet. Munching at night is my biggest obstacle to overcome. Well, that, in addition to making myself exercise daily. That won't be as difficult while to pool is open but when it closes I will have to go to the work out room whether I like it or not. I am determined to do this and I have every confidence that this is the program for me. I need the structure and the accountability of going to the doctor's office every two weeks. The plan is so sensible and as Dr. Slott said, I just have to make myself do it. There are some foods I will not be able to eat and I just have to accept that. It will certainly be worth it in the long run. When I reach my goal I plan to take a trip to London. It has always been a dream of mine and I am going to MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment